Associate Creative Director/Copy
As an Associate Creative Director/Copy we will count on you to be a brilliant brand storyteller, who is totally at home in the digital space. You will mentor and lead talented and dedicated writers to develop and deliver strategically-focused and breakthrough creative ideas for our clients. You will be responsible for nurturing and shepherding Big Ideas through the agency with all the attention, enthusiasm and energy required to take projects to the finish line. You will be compensated based on the quality of our creative output. You will be expected to not only manage people, but to roll up your sleeves and contribute your own original ideas on assignments for existing clients and on new business.
You will work with Account Planning to make the strategy better. With digital strategists to optimize messaging and overall content quality is social. And with Account Management to “sell” our clients what they NEED – and not simply what they want. Excellent presentation skills and, frankly, the maturity to listen, understand and reply to client feedback is critical.
Reports to: CD/Copy
- STRATEGY – This will be the single most important metric for your success. Are you executing faithfully against a tight strategy? Are your people? If not, are you explaining, early, your decision to deviate from that strategy?
- Demonstrate leadership every day – nurturing and shepherding Big Ideas through the agency.
- Actively train, mentor and manage junior-level creatives, nurturing exceptional thinking and setting the bar high with your own contributions.
- Provide clear/objective critiques of creative work during development, ensuring that the work is
- Attend creative reviews with clients, anticipating their questions and successfully sell the work
- Remains current and communicates industry trends and techniques
- Organize and run creative projects, manage creative resources and budgets and help agency deliver against aggressive timelines
- 7+ years’ experience working within an advertising agency
- 5+ years’ experience working as an integrated marketing copywriter
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English Lit, Journalism or Communications
- A strong portfolio of work including experience working on national CPG clients that demonstrates the breadth of your experience across traditional and digital media, including everything from broadcast TV to writing in the social media space.
- A solid understanding of current and emerging technologies
- Demonstrated short and long form copy experience and comfort with tackling complicated subject matter
Smith Brothers Agency is an independent, highly creative and collaborative marketing company committed to delivering inspiring ideas for courageous clients – those committed to driving dramatic business growth. We service our national accounts from offices in Pittsburgh and look for teammates who are entrepreneurial in their work ethic – in other words, self-starters who “own” their areas of responsibility and execute flawlessly – even under aggressive timelines. We believe culture is key and protect ours steadfastly. Lastly, we’re all about “fit” - talent will get you an interview at Smith Brothers, but chemistry gets you a desk.