Email Marketing Strategist
We are seeking are a highly motivated and savvy individual that will work with nearly all members of the Smith Brothers team. As part of our Channel marketing & Analytics team you will focus on retention and engagement, driving strategy and execution around email, push notification, newsletters and more. The types of clients, plans and messaging vary greatly offering a diverse set of challenges and learning opportunities. The ideal Email Marketing Strategist is skilled in managing email campaigns but also interested in learning diverse skillset from planning through to post-campaign analysis with a passion for digital advertising and an insatiable desire to learn and explore emerging trends.
Reports to: Head of Channel Strategy & Analytics
- Own the Smith Brother’s Agency expertise in email marketing, including marketing campaigns, newsletters and triggered and transactional emails.
- Initiate end-to-end execution of our email campaigns, including development, launching and analysis of email creative and segmentation.
- Create thoughtful, personalized triggered communications that will drive customer engagement, and support the company's strategic goals.
- Analyze performance of email strategies and campaigns and drive continuous optimization of performance, considering factors such as seasonality, customer segments, competitor behavior, historical successes.
- Use analytics to make decisions; A/B test, analyze results and build updates accordingly.
- Perform regular list hygiene to maintain health of our database.
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with other teams to support key initiatives and get things done.
- Building relationships with email platforms, negotiating and facilitating pricing for current and new clients
- Develop new creative media ideas
- Develop and maintain working relationships with clients during presentations and with internal teams especially Client Service, Creative, Digital Development, and Production teams
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, with a focus on email and knowledge of email best practices, key performance drivers, and toolsets.
- Experience in content creation and a love for storytelling.
- Knowledge of the technical side of email marketing; deliverability, CAN SPAM compliance, and more.
- Experience designing and implementing A/B and multivariate tests.
- Experience building, growing and optimizing engagement and retention campaigns.
- Experience in MailChimp, Hubspot, Bronto, Pardot and/or Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Self-starter that can have an immediate positive impact on process and execution
- Accountable for financial reporting process (authorizations, budgets and reconciliation)
- Must be detail oriented with advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Strong analytical and optimization knowledge and skills
- Experience working with all online marketing disciplines (ranging from web development to social media)
- Experience and familiarity with Google Analytics
- Experience working with social media platform analytics/insights tools preferred (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest)
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours
- Ability to travel (approximately 5%)
The intent of this job description is to provide a non-exhaustive representation of the type of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Smith Brothers Agency may supplement, modify, or eliminate responsibilities from time to time, in its discretion.
Smith Brothers Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee success.