Senior Digital Designer
As a Senior Digital Designer, you are responsible for developing original designs and creative concepts and directing project design from concept through final execution. You contribute extensively during the UX and Wireframing stage of a project as well as the creative design. You present creative work to clients and internal stakeholders. You work in a team environment and are part of an integrated agency. You have a passion for delivering the highest quality creative and are immersed in the digital creative community. You participate in new business pitches.
The Senior Digital Designer actively keeps up on current trends and technologies. To be clear: while we don’t expect you to know how to code, you actively keep up on best practices to ensure that you have an enthusiastic and strong understanding of the web – and digital – as a medium. This includes not only a good design sense but also an understanding of the impact design has on accessibility, site performance, UX, and responsive design.
Reports to: Executive Creative Director & Director of Digital Development
- Wireframing and prototyping designs – primary contributor to pre-design UX including user and project research.
- With the development and creative team, deliver highly interactive web sites, banner/digital ads and social media promotions
- Present ideas to the team, as well as to agency partners and clients
- Brainstorm ideas for websites, banner ads, promotions and other digital media and learn best practices for creating compelling online marketing campaigns
- Communicate design concepts cross functionally to designers, developers, and clients
- Interact smoothly and effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Maintain departmental files, style guides, etc.
- Keep accurate records and notes for easy access and reference
- Ability to problem solve on the fly and be self-motivated
- Truly cares about the end project: Accessibility and Site Performance are important to you
- Be comfortable with criticism as well as compliments
- 3+ years of interactive experience
- Must have a strong digital portfolio with highly conceptual work
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite - Xd, Photoshop, Illustrator - or similar
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated to keep up on current digital and web design trends and technologies
- Strong design aesthetic, conceptual and typography skills
- Understanding of user experience, site functionality, interaction, user interfaces, and navigation
- Understanding of file saving etiquette for web designers and other team members
- Ability to articulate your creative ideas and reasons clearly
- Mobile and app design experience a plus
- CPG experience a plus
- Flexibility to work occasional evening and weekend hours
- BS/BA/BFA degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, or Web Design preferred (but not required)
This is not a remote position. This is on-site in our office in Pittsburgh, PA.