Social Media & PR Strategist
Smith Brothers Agency seeks a Social Media & PR Strategist to join our team. This is a person who lives, eats, drinks and breathes social media marketing -- a creative and strategically minded individual who can plan and carry out social media campaigns. The candidate must have a deep understanding of social media platforms, influencer marketing, PR and UGC, as well as the roles these tactics can play as part of a larger digital marketing strategy.
This position oversees social media strategy across a number of clients. The role is highly collaborative -- working closely with creative teams to develop compelling content that engages consumers, while also working with paid media strategists to effectively scale and optimize social campaigns across relevant platforms.
- Using your creative & strategic chops, develop social media and PR plans that align with client marketing objectives.
- Take those plans and put them into action, implementing the strategic vision on behalf of the client.
- Coordinate with the agency’s internal departments to deliver all aspects of social media and/or PR projects.
- Serve as a thought leader and trusted business advisor to senior client executives. Maintain knowledge of trends and best practices in social media and PR.
- Proactively and persuasively deliver guidance on digital, consumer, and competitive trends affecting client business.
- Help our clients define needs, opportunities and potential solutions.
- Drive high-level discussions and deliverables on the role of social within the total marketing ecosystem.
- Develop social editorial content including posts, tweets, pins, stories, GIFs, video, promotions, etc.
- Monitor social communities and lead the team in responding to issues and opportunities.
- Conduct KPI analyses, recommend optimization to improve campaign performance.
- Build strong relationships with clients and internal staff.
- Study audience behaviors, industry benchmarks, and competitive activity to uncover insights and inform strategy.
- Understand the underlying concepts of technology used to deliver social media components including platform API’s and software and database management related to CRM.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 4+ years of experience in the public relations and/or social media field
- Proven experience delivering social media / PR strategies
- Track record of reporting and optimizing social media campaigns
- Strong platform knowledge and management (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Familiarity with best-in-class social media monitoring software a plus
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Solid organizational and client management skills