Front End Web Developer
Smith Brothers Agency seeks an enthusiastic front-end web developer to join our team.
Our work is primarily with creating Web Sites. More specifically, the front-end builds, consisting of html, css and js – as well as back-end integration into a Content Management system.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is excited about the web – and keeps up to date on trends, technologies and other items related to building web sites. We would hope that web development is a hobby for you – rather than just a day job.
While this is primarily a developer role, a background or talent in web design is a huge plus as well.
Our CMS of choice is Craft CMS. But we also see a good deal of Wordpress these days. If you can develop with these two platforms – and also have experience picking up other CMS systems – you’ll be a good fit.
- Think, respect and develop with Web Standards in mind
- Construct and maintain web sites by hand-coded, clean, organized, and structured HTML and CSS
- Build, organize, maintain and problem solve with CMS systems
- Identify and solve cross-browser compatibility issues relating to HTML and CSS-based layouts
- Meet all project deadlines - including updates - on web sites
- Communicate clearly as part of a project team that includes project managers, web designers and others
- Interact smoothly and effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Maintain departmental files, style guides, etc.
- Keep accurate records and notes for easy access and reference
- Ability to problem solve on the fly and be self-motivated
- Truly cares about the end project: Accessibility and Site Performance are important to you
- Be comfortable with criticism as well as compliments
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years agency experience
- Strong grasp of semantic markup and accessibility standards
- Less concerned with breakpoints and instead can build for any device, screen size, viewport, etc.
- Experience working with a 3rd party CMS Systems we prefer Craft CMS but we see a lot of clients using Wordpress also so we need to navigate Wordpress effectively
- Up-to-date experience and knowledge of coding html email
- Enthusiasm and desire to continually learn more about front-end web development
- Excellent and demonstrated problem-solving skills – this is important!
- Knowledge of SEO best practices; including familiarity with micro-data
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Experience developing for mobile and specifically responsive web design/development
- Server-side scripting knowledge (PHP, Ruby, etc.) not required, but a plus. To be clear, this is NOT an Application Developer position.
- Experience with front-end task runners like Grunt, Gulp, etc.
- Comfortable using Git and have experience working in a repo with multiple developers
- Experience with the following is a huge plus: Craft CMS, Twig Templating, Wordpress and Advanced Custom Fields
- Good problem-solving skills. We understand that a web developer simply can't know the solution to everything. But as long as you are comfortable learning how to do new things, exploring new skills and figuring out creative - but accessible - solutions, that's a plus.